Design & Software Development Lead
Salary £ 25,200 – £37,800 (Band 6)
Application deadline 25/10/2019
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial business that uses design to challenge the status quo for a range of emerging sustainable technologies. Our mission is to research, develop and commercialise technologies that advance sustainable living. We endeavour to reflect this in both our brands and actions, promoting ethical consumption and resourcefulness at every stage of business.
This role is critical to the company and will underpin its core growth in future years. This person will be responsible for managing the design and development activity of the Astwood Group of companies. This person’s core responsibility will be for all design & development activity including:
– Managing design requirements across a number of formats, including but not limited to graphic design requirements for web, print and social media, alongside physical requests, such as promotional materials
– Managing development requirements for applications, including but not limited to internal process application requirements (such as stock management or production control systems for example) and external customer-facing requirements (such as a pick and pay customer shop for beer sales, or a subscription service for a monthly beer box)
– Support the wider team by support ad hoc requests, such as materials to support promotional events including, trade shows, food fairs, festivals, and others as appropriate
– Develop a wider relationship with team members to enable the support and development of skills across the business, this may include support using design applications or potentially encouraging the use of scripting or self build/drag and drop tools to fulfil small development requirements
– Develop and support a client approach to ensure that internal requirements can be delivered across the group to individual companies and teams to the same standard as an external agency
This person is a goal-driven individual, happy to work within agreed KPIs and targets, while enjoying the freedom to develop strategies and products to further develop and grow the business.
In addition to core responsibilities the person should be:
– A keen team player but critically be happy to lead broad projects to support the development of the company
– Be confident and capable of using your own initiative and creativity to solve a design or development requirement
– Establish strong and respectful relationships with other members of Astwood’s team to engender supportive working practices during a period of significant growth.
– An ambassador of Astwood’s brand and culture.
The above can be found and summed up by the Astwood Manual, which explains a set of core values we expect all company employees, but particularly those in leadership positions, to adopt and live by on a daily basis.
The following experience & skills are mandatory for the role:
– Experience of designing, developing and delivering client projects for graphic design and application development
– Experience in managing client projects end to end
– Technical expertise on relevant software packages & programming languages for graphic design, website and application development
– A valid driving licence
The following experience & skills are desired for the role:
– Experience using Google Apps for Business
– Experience in some of Astwood’s technology-specific sectors
Company mobile phone and laptop.
Wider HR package, including business mileage.
To Apply For The Position
Please follow the link and apply. For any queries please email email@example.com.
Please note you will be asked to provide:
– An up to date CV
– Two references including full contact details and details of the capacity in which the person is providing a reference
– A covering letter detailing your suitability for the role e.g. relevant experience, qualifications etc.
– Reference projects / a portfolio of work including supporting references as detailed above
To discuss the position in confidence please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview Test Requirements
Please note shortlisted candidates may be asked to complete further tasks pre-interview